Apple has released iOS 12.4.1 For iPhone 5s and later, iPad Air and later, and iPod touch 6th generation and later
According to Apple, a malicious application may be able to execute arbitrary code with system privileges”.
New iOS 12.4.1 Available to Download
- Available for: iPhone 5s and later, iPad Air and later, and iPod touch 6th generation
- Impact: A malicious application may be able to execute arbitrary code with system privileges
- Description: A use after free issue was addressed with improved memory management.
- CVE-2019-8605: Ned Williamson working with Google Project Zero
Apple released patch after Jailbreak for iOS 12.4
Pwn20ownd has released Jailbreak for iOS 12.4 on Github a week ago. Which was exploited a Kernel Vulnerability (CVE-2019-8605) that was already patched for iOS 12.3 in May 2019
But the same CVE’s used to Jailbreak iOS 12.4 on updated Apple devices, including the iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR or the 2019 iPad Mini and iPad Air, running iOS 12.4 and iOS 12.2 or earlier and leaving iOS devices vulnerable to cybercriminals.
As a result, all the iPhones running on iOS 12.4 could be jailbreak.
But now Apple patched the vulnerability and released iOS 12.4.1 Version.
How To Install Latest iOS?
Go to “important security and stability updates,” navigate to your device’s Settings → General → Software Update and tap “Download and Install” at the right bottom.
Also, Apple released new updates for Apple TV, Apple Watch and MacBooks too.
The macOS 10.14.6 SDK provides support for developing apps for Macs running macOS Mojave 10.14.6. The SDK comes bundled with Xcode 10.3 available from the Mac App Store.
Latest Software Updates for following Apple OS
Keeping your software up to date is one of the most important things you can do to maintain your Apple product’s security.
- The latest version of iOS is 12.4.1.
- The latest version of macOS is 10.14.6.
- The latest version of tvOS is 12.4.1.
- The latest version of watchOS is 5.3.1.
Note that after a software update is installed for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS, it cannot be downgraded to the previous version.