Keylogger is a software program or hardware device that is used to monitor and log each of the keys a user types into a computer keyboard. The user who installed the program or hardware device can then view all keys typed in by that user. Because these programs and hardware devices monitor the keys typed in a user can easily find user passwords and other information a user may not wish others to know about.
Keyloggers, as a surveillance tool, are often used by employers to ensure employees use work computers for business purposes only. Unfortunately, keyloggers can also be embedded in spyware allowing your information to be transmitted to an unknown third party.
key loggersA keylogger is a program that runs in the background, recording all the keystrokes. Once keystrokes are logged, they are hidden in the machine for later retrieval, or shipped raw to the attacker. The attacker then peruses them carefully in the hopes of either finding passwords, or possibly other useful information that could be used to compromise the system or be used in a social engineering attack. For example, a keylogger will reveal the contents of all e-mail composed by the user. Keylogger is commonly included in rootkits.
A keylogger normally consists of two files: a DLL which does all the work and an EXE which loads the DLL and sets the hook. Therefore when you deploy the hooker on a system, two such files must be present in the same directory.
There are other approaches to capturing info about what you are doing.
* Some keyloggers capture screens, rather than keystrokes.
* Other keyloggers will secretly turn on video or audio recorders, and transmit what they capture over your internet connection.
A keyloggers might be as simple as an exe and a dll that are placed on a machine and invoked at boot via an entry in the registry. Or a keyloggers could be which boasts these features:
* Stealth: invisible in process list
* Includes kernel keylogger driver that captures keystrokes even when user is logged off (Windows 2000 / XP)
* ProBot program files and registry entries are hidden (Windows 2000 / XP)
* Includes Remote Deployment wizard
* Active window titles and process names logging
* Keystroke / password logging
* Regional keyboard support
* Keylogging in NT console windows
* Launched applications list
* Text snapshots of active applications.
* Visited Internet URL logger
* Capture HTTP POST data (including logins/passwords)
* File and Folder creation/removal logging
* Mouse activities
* Workstation user and timestamp recording
* Log file archiving, separate log files for each user
* Log file secure encryption
* Password authentication
* Invisible operation
* Native GUI session log presentation
* Easy log file reports with Instant Viewer 2 Web interface
* HTML and Text log file export
* Automatic E-mail log file delivery
* Easy setup & uninstall wizards
* Support for Windows (R) 95/98/ME and Windows (R) NT/2000/XP
Ardamax Keylogger is a keystroke recorder that captures user’s activity and saves it to an encrypted log file. The log file can be viewed with the powerful Log Viewer. Use this tool to find out what is happening on your computer while you are away, maintain a backup of your typed data automatically or use it to monitor your kids. Also you can use it as a monitoring device for detecting unauthorised access. Logs can be automatically sent to your e-mail address, access to the keylogger is password protected. Besides, Ardamax Keylogger logs information about the Internet addresses the user has visited.
This invisible spy application is designed for 2000, XP, 2003, Vista and Windows 7.
- Security – allows you to protect program settings, Hidden Mode and Log file.
- Application monitoring – keylogger will record the application that was in use that received the keystroke!
- Time/Date tracking – it allows you to pinpoint the exact time a window received a keystroke!
- Powerful Log Viewer – you can view and save the log as a HTML page or plain text with keylogger Log Viewer.
- Small size – Ardamax Keylogger is several times smaller than other programs with the same features. It has no additional modules and libraries, so its size is smaller and the performance is higher.
- Ardamax Keylogger fully supports Unicode characters which makes it possible to record keystrokes that include characters from Japanese, Chinese, Arabic and many other character sets.
- It records every keystroke. Captures passwords and all other invisible text.
- Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/Windows 7 support
- Monitors multi-user machines
- Automatic startup
- Friendly interface
- Easy to install
Download Ardamax Keylogger (1.94Mb)
Perfect Keylogger for Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista and Windows 7
The latest, improved and most stealth version of Perfect Keylogger is now available only after purchase. To protect the product from abuse and improve its quality for the registered users, we no longer offer the trial version of the latest builds. The localized versions of Perfect Keyloger and 64-bit version are also available after purchase. The last public version is still available, but keep in mind that it’s not the latest and may be flagged by security software.